Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (47 Views)

hp pavilion x2 detachable pc has no dispaly /is black after login

Product Name: HP pavillion x2 detachable pc 10

i bought this Hp pavilion x2 detachable pc from someone off line. They rest set it to factory and after setup is done and I login in the screen is completely black and theres nothing the only thing i can see is the cursor moving arund when i move it.  Please help me fix this before i loose my mind i did a restore, reset, 3 times nothing. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (22 Views)

Re: hp pavilion x2 detachable pc has no dispaly /is black after login

Hi @ben0925,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand when you power on your PC you see a black screen.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Are you able to boot into BIOS?

Do you see any lights blinking on caps or num lock key?

As you mentioned when you power on your PC you see a black screen.

If you are able to boot into BIOS try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

Turn on your PC keep tapping the F10 key, you will boot into BIOS.

From the main or file menu select restore defaults.

Select F10 to save changes and exit.

Also, try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware on your laptop is functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

If you are able to boot into your PC update the BIOS and chipset driver on your PC using HP support assistant and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot no boot issues with your PC.

Alternatively, you can go through this link: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8) 

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.

I hope you have a great day! 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation