12-21-2016 10:41 PM
i just bought a probook 4540s from my local school because they where getting rid of there old computers and it wont let me even get past the administrator login so i can change the settings and there is no f11 option. please help me figure out how to get it taken care of because im planning on giving it to my sister as soon as i can get it back to factory settings.
12-22-2016 07:55 AM
If you live in the USA/Canada, call HP at this number and order a set of recovery disks for your notebook.
Have the serial number of the notebook handy to give to the customer services rep.
The approximate cost should be around $10 delivered via first class mail.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)