Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

when i made my recovery disk for my desk top, i only made part one.   doing install of a new hard drive, now it is asking for disk #2.  what can i do?

PRODUCT NUMBER QU116AA#ABA    HP Pavilion p6 series model p6-2014

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@debbie1959

I checked your Support page and HP does still have Recovery Discs listed. Usually they no longer carry them after 5 yrs- the ordering process may even end up telling you not available. Try ordering from this link.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-p6-2000-Desktop-PC-series/5151865/model/5156919/...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@debbie1959

I checked your Support page and HP does still have Recovery Discs listed. Usually they no longer carry them after 5 yrs- the ordering process may even end up telling you not available. Try ordering from this link.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-p6-2000-Desktop-PC-series/5151865/model/5156919/...

HP Recommended

yes i saw that earlier. but i can't understand with the 2 disc prompt, how could i have closed the process?  i think i have the second cd somewhere in my office. but 45 bucks! 

thanks

HP Recommended

If you can read the 25 character Microsoft Windows 7 license key on the Microsoft COA label attached to the tower, you can download a Windows 7 ISO file to write to a DVD or USB flash drive. The version  must match version that came installed on your PC as  listed on the COA . Such as Windows Home Premium.

OR:

MS offers Windows 7 USB/DVD installation tool to convert the ISO file you download. Link and instructions below. You need a  DVD+R or DVD -R . Or a 4 GB flash drive to use the USB method. 

Fwiw-I have better results using Rufus to create a usb flash drive installer with the ISO: https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Use the 25 character key on the COA to activate the installation. 
This won't include original software and drivers- go to your support and driver page to download what you need.

HP Recommended

i think i found my 2nd cd.  i went back to finish the install and hit boot from the hard drive not realizing that the software was not fully installed. just stalled at the prompt. any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Start over-booting from the first disk if that isn't what you have tried.

HP Recommended

this cursor is just sitting here blinking . just shut it down?

HP Recommended

Yes, hold the power button for 3-5 seconds and it should shut down.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.