Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-e011sr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings!
I ask you to help solve the problem with the keyboard on the laptop.
Serial number: [edit]
Product Number: E2W05EA#ACB

When trying to install Windows 7,8,8.1,10: the keyboard does not work already at the stage of entering the PC name and user name.
Installation went fine only with an external keyboard connected via USB.
There are no other problems, touchpad and other works fine.

p.s. prefer solve that problem for Win10.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@KevLaRjkee

Please run a Keyboard Test from F2 to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Keyboard

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad 

So after the checks the problem is this: keyboard works only in Linux and BIOS.
After installation with an external keyboard - the built-in still does not work.

HP Recommended

@KevLaRjkee

Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like an Operating system related issue, by reinstalling windows OS will fix the keyboard issue. 

Click here to perform a system recovery 

Note: Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This problem manifests itself during a clean installation of the OS.

HP Recommended

@KevLaRjkee

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved by reinstalling the OS. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What? Issue not resolved! 

After clean install keyboard not working! **bleep**?

HP Recommended

@KevLaRjkee

Thank you for posting back. 

apologize for the inconvenience caused. 

As you've mentioned earlier that keyboard hardware is working fine only in Linux and BIOS. Hence this confirms its not a hardware related issue with the keyboard. 

However, even after reinstalling the clean Windows OS couldn't fix the keyboard issue. I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.