Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp stream 14 stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

the issue I'm having is my computer was acting up and I wanted to do a factory reset on it to clear out some unnecessary files from my hard drive. It'll start of the factory reset process before stopping and saying no changes were made to the hard drive in the middle of factory reset and when I went to go and try and do a system restore in case anything got deleted by mistake. And yes I do the f11 trick to get into what I need to. So when I get to the spot I need to be at it asks for my account password and when I put it in it's telling me it's not the right password when I know it is even after resetting my password. What do I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer if the factory reset option isn't working would be to see my solution at the link below...

This will also maximize the amount of usable hard drive space for you...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-wipe-a-HP-Stream-Laptop...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.