Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavillion DM4
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

So a few days ago I had taken my HP (pavilion DM4) laptop to best buy geek squad to have them help me purchase more ram. during my visit one of the tech guys noticed during startup it was running slow I had windows 10 on it at the time  and he suggested I do a full restart on it. I did that and it cleaned out my ENTIRE  hard drive of everything including the windows operating system! SO finally was able to get a copy of windows 7 back on it which is what it originally came with HOWEVER since all of this chaos the laptop no longer recognizes I have HD graphics which came built into the computer when i purchased it. I've tried downloading all the drivers that HP has suggested but it keeps telling me I do not meet the requirements. Is there anything i can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@gromitgirl89 

I'm at a loss to understand precisely HOW you got Win7 restored on your PC -- as the Win10 Upgrade is known to corrupt the HP recovery information --making a rollback to Win7 unlikely if not impossible.

I've been running an HP DV6 laptop on Win10 practically since the day it came out -- and it's working fine. I even ran dual-boot with Win7 for a while and noticed no performance degradation running Win10.

You have a problem now because HP no longer carries the older Win7 recovery media, so there's nothing you can get from HP to fix this, and you can't download or install Win7 from MS because your PC came with an OEM product key, not a retail product key.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gromitgirl89 

I'm at a loss to understand precisely HOW you got Win7 restored on your PC -- as the Win10 Upgrade is known to corrupt the HP recovery information --making a rollback to Win7 unlikely if not impossible.

I've been running an HP DV6 laptop on Win10 practically since the day it came out -- and it's working fine. I even ran dual-boot with Win7 for a while and noticed no performance degradation running Win10.

You have a problem now because HP no longer carries the older Win7 recovery media, so there's nothing you can get from HP to fix this, and you can't download or install Win7 from MS because your PC came with an OEM product key, not a retail product key.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I had a backup disk of windows 7 from another computer which is how I got it to install it was my only choice windows 10 wasn't playing nice with my computer to begin with. Thank you for your reply 🙂

HP Recommended
ok so after a few days I was able to figure out the solution to my issue I wasn't selecting the correct generation of drivers so everything is now fixed
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.