Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (84 Views)

laptop won't start

Product Name: HP Envy 17-j141na
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'd be grateful for your help.

Almost 6 months ago my Version: HP Envy 17-j141na was repaired due to cracked casing.

Since it came back it wouldn't charge with the returned power cable  (but would with the spare cable I bought. Then it became extremely slow to wake up after hibernating.

Today it won't turn on at all - black screen, fans whirring, caps lock light flashes twice then pauses, flashes twice agin, but doesn't get any further.

I've tried resetting, unplugging battery etc, reboot while holding windows key and v or b. No luck.

I can't work out how to get back in touch with HP Customer Care to let them know. 

Best wishes, Malcolm

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: laptop won't start

I've now spoken to HP. They say I'd need another paid repair. I'm surprised that less than 6 months after an expensive repair that they think it is appropriate to charge twice.

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 3 of 3 (45 Views)

Re: laptop won't start

Hello, @malcolm9

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation