Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since I can't find any suitable places to vent, I figured the forums might sympathize for my situation...

I've had this laptop for about 2.5 months, and the first month-and-a-half this PC worked seamlessly! Easily the best laptop I've ever used in terms of bang-for-the-buck. Additionally, it was my first experience with the AMD Ryzen processor and it vastly exceeded my expectations!

Now you're probably wondering, why am I hopping off the HP train? Over the past 4 weeks this thing has been falling apart faster than I can put it back together. I would consider myself a tech-savvy college student who can operate Windows with ease, yet this device had software issues like one wouldn't even believe. It started with the speakers, which went out mid-conference call for my internship. Yes, embarrassing but I managed to resolve the issue with a factory reset as prescribed by my HP Support person. Roughly one week later, my mic went out mid-conference call, which required the laptop to be sent to an HP Repair Center for hardware replacement, and I was without my work/school laptop for a week. I got this device back yesterday from that fiasco, and soon after discovered that my Windows Hello fingerprint scanner was not recognized by the device. After one week without my laptop altogether and two-hours with HP Support, they are asking me to send this device back to the Repair Center, not even 24-hours after receiving the product back.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jonathan369, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.