Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am a non tech savvy person who SWEARS that my laptop is deleting my emails...

I had an email that came through with shipping info about a purchase......I went to retrieve it today and it is NOT THERE.

I have checked Spam, Trash and all other accounts...not to be found.

This is NOT the first time this has happened but the other times I was able to find the lost info...not this time.

Thank you and remember, I am old and not tech savvy !

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Grammato7 

Email is provided from a Server -- and that is something you subscribe to probably through an ISP (Internet Service Provider).

We have no way of knowing who your ISP happens to be.  You have to determine that and contact them to find out what settings you need to have in place for their email service.

Additionally, email is handled locally on a PC through various Applications.  Some of these use Web Mail which is contacting the ISP through a web app like Edge, or FireFox, Opera, etc.

Some of these are locally installed applications, like Microsoft Outlook, or others -- and settings in those are important, as well.  Here is a thread from a tech website about using some of these apps:  https://www.howtogeek.com/232277/how-to-set-up-and-customize-email-accounts-in-windows-10/

Sorry, but we are unable to walk folks through the details of installing and using specific email services or apps.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.