Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

when i opened my computer today a message says your cooler is not working properly, you'd better do not turn on your computer. you may experience closing and data loss. enter this address hp/startup etc. what can i do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @yiovan,

Good Day.   Thank you for stopping by the HP forums. I reviewed the post regarding assistance with cooling fan errors. I will be glad to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

• I would require more information to assist you here:
  • Does the computer boot to windows when you press the “Esc” or “F1” keys?
  • What is the exact error message that you get on the screen?
  • Does the computer shut down after displaying this message?
  • Does the computer overheat?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the computer with the operating system installed on it?

For a start please perform a hard reset if the computer is a notebook from here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768
  • If the computer is a desktop perform the hard reset from here: http://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c01463028
  • Then restart the computer. Then when you get the error message press the “F1” key or the “Esc” key to try and boot to windows. If it boots to windows please update the bios from this link: http://hp.com/drivers please select the country and enter the product# of the computer. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Then check if the issue has been resolved. If it continues please perform these steps to run diagnostics on the computer.
  • Then as soon as the computer powers on please keep tapping the “Esc” key several times gently to bring up the startup menu.
  • Here push the F2 key to bring up the hardware diagnostics page.
  • Navigate to the components tests and run all the tests especially the one for the fan. If a failure code shows up after the tests for a failed component, please make a note of it.

You may need to get the computer serviced if the computer does not boot to windows or fails while running diagnostics or shuts down while running diagnostics.

To contact technical support please visit this link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Then select the country and follow the on-screen instructions. They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.