Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion notebook 15

I baught new hp pavilion.  It has stopped working. After running sysytem diagnostics it's showing   "no hard drive installed.please check that the power and data cable are connectedproperly" . What can I do now. Please help me :)Thankyou

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@8187031567

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have a new HP Pavilion 15 series laptop. I read that the laptop stopped working and when you initiated a hardware test on the hard drive, it says "no hard drive installed.please check that the power and data cable are connected properly". Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

I suggest you to reseat the hard drive once in your laptop. You may find the detailed steps to reseat the hard drive on page# 49 of the https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/tech-takes/how-to-factory-reset-windows-laptop

You may then try to run the hardware test on the hardware by following the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the hard drive. 

If the test still does not run the hard drive then please contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for the laptop. 

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Keep me posted. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for giving solution but it didn't help me. My laptop is hp starwars special edition (i7,8gb). After getting error (no hard drive installed) I removed my hard disk and replugged cables but no change and showing short dst-warning in system diagnostics. When i replaced my hard disk with my friend's hard disk (320 GB) it worked well. I think  I need to buy a new hard disk right?? Please give me confirmation to buy a new hard disk.

HP Recommended

hello would you mind telling me how to fix a HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI Version 1.11.0.0 - BIOS please 

thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.