wyvern_sieyes
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavillion 15 shuts off after exactly 30 minutes

pavillion 15 n097sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

laptop is from 2013, boots up and runs with no problems.

exactly 30 minutes from pushing the on button, the whole system shuts off. no shut down process or anything.

have checked all the windows settings for power modes, and have even done full reformats and hard drive changes, so that counts out viruses and OS faults.

the laptop has had very little use, so extremely annoyed that it has effectively killed itself. I certainly haven't got the value out of it.

all I can think of, is that HP have installed a time bomb on the motherboard,to make the laptop un useable after the warranty expires.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 19
Level 19
78,296 78,195 9,638 20,836
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wyvern_sieyes 

Machine came with Windows 8 pre-installed, how di you install Windows 10 ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
wyvern_sieyes
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi.

yes it came with windows 8 pre installed. first time I updated to windows 10, was when you could do it via the disability settings. I hated windows 8 and took the opportunity to update. 

As soon as I had the 30 minute issue start happening, I did a clean install back to windows 8 with genuine key, but the issue persisted.

since then

have done 2 clean windows 10 reinstalls on the old hard drive, and another install today on a new SSD. all installed using genuine installers and keys.

0 Kudos
wyvern_sieyes
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is there anyone on these forums that can help?

or is this a waste of time?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation