vasekj
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

problem with Windows 10 on HP 250 G5

250 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, can you help me with this situation?

I have laptop with replaced HDD with new SSD.

I tried to install the Windows 10 again (it's preinstalled OS by default) - (many variants - from USB/DVD/HP recovery USB specially for this product type) with many combinations Legacy support on/off, secure boot on/off but all these went to same output - installator freezes on starting (black screen with dots).

I tried to install Windows 7 and they work well.

I run all tests (memory, system, hdd) - everything passed. I also reset the BIOS but no effect. I also tried the workaround - I installed the Windows 10 to HDD in another computer, i installed all drivers (chipset,...) and plugged HDD to this laptop, but it freezes on starting (again on the dots).

There is installed BIOS version F47, and I am starting to suspect the problem is in BIOS, but I am not able to rollback the BIOS to old version (i wanted to try F46) - but because it's not original HDD, i don't have the partition with content of older BIOS files. When i try to load the BIOS via Win+B on start, Caps-lock starts to blink. When i try to rollback in UEFI diagnostics, it says me "Unable To Find Bios Signature File."

Do you have any idea how to fix this issue? I am running out of ideas.

The laptop is out of warranty, so HP support will not help me anymore.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation