Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

please to any admin or modulator out there help me to solve the problem of my laptop..

When I start my computer (a 1 month old HP laptop with Intel i3 core processor that came with Windows 7) it pauses on the prompt screen and then error message "error sending end of post message to ME" pops up, and then the computer starts normally.and i observed that its exaust fun sounds is so audible or louder than the forst time i used it even though there is no programs working or open... then wen i am gonna shut down my laptop it doesnt turn off that it used to be...the power light is still on the exaust fun mechanism is still airing some air...

and wen i trouble shoot it this driver does have exclamation mark on it "intel (R) management engine interface"

huhuhu/..dont know what to do...i am afraid that one day i will not able to open my laptop...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
by the way the brandname of my laptop is pavillion dv3
HP Recommended

i already try to update the driver...and its says its updated...

it says device is not working(code 10)

HP Recommended

what are the rest of the alphanumerics after dv3-

regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello

I have an EliteBook 8540p (NU486AV).

Since a few weeks I have the problem that the notebook takes extremely long when i turn it on until the HP logo appears. After the logo appears, it takes a long time until a blinking curser appears, that is followed by a message saying "Error sending end of post message to ME". Sfter that, the Windows 7 boot process starts. The whole startup takes about 3 minutes. Before it used to take about 20 seconds until i was logged into Windows. I updated BIOS to the newest version and set back the factory defaults. The harddisk has absolutely nothing to do with this error, since I replaced it with a new one, tested it with a factory tool and checked all S.M.A.R.T messages.  The notebook also seems to have difficulties with stadby or hibernation. It always shuts down completely nomatter what I chose to do. Please help! Thank you.

HP Recommended

If you are getting this message as soon as you start the computer there is a problem with the POST (Power On Self Test), which indicates hardware issues. You indicated the unit is new. Time to call HP and request warranty service.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.