11-20-2012 02:28 PM
I just got a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft. He told me that my computer was infected.
He said that Microsoft knew that the PC was hacked because of the error reports I chose to send them when the pop up came up.
You probaly have seen the ones like this.
This was ineresting since I know that no personal information goes to Microsoft when you send the error reports.
Knowing that ther are a large number of scams like this, I asked for the phone number to call them back. He said that he would call me back. Then after pushing some more he gave me a bunch a random numbers.
If you look at Microsoft's Forum and the have a thread called "Phone warnings from 'Microsoft.'"
Bascially, Mircosoft didn't call me to warn me that my PC was hacked. Someone was fishing trying to get acess to my PC.
If you get a call, beware.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)