Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP G72 b22eo. 
When I push the start button a message comes up. The message says this
"The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.

Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. The system will shutdown in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation, press the Enter key now.

System Fan (908)

ENTER - Continue startup

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com\go\teachcenter\startup"

Then the I push enter and my computer starts but the fan is not working.
What can I do to make my computer to be normal again?  

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Funny cause I'm having the same problem as well. I get the exact same message when my computer starts and my fan is not working.

It happened 3 days ago. I am not sure if my fan is burnt out or if something is clogging it. But It was working perfectly the other day before.

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 Notebook PC

I have looked up and tried eveything.

I have followed these instructions on this site.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00013522

These were a set of instructions to check if your cooling fan was ENABLED or DISABLED

I have done this multiple times and it is set on ENABLED and it still doen't work and I still get the same message.

HP Recommended

I have a HP. 
When I push the start button a message comes up. The message says this

Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. The system will shutdown in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation, press the Enter key now.

System Fan (908)

ENTER - Continue startup

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com\go\teachcenter\startup"

Then the I push enter and my computer starts but the fan is not working.
What can I do to make my computer to be normal again? 

HP Recommended

I have an HP laptop G62-b29SA and I have the same error message. What do I need to do to fix it?

HP Recommended

Hey,koto4.

Here is a link regarding the error message (The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly): Fan Runs Constantly, the PC Operates Slower than Expected and Generates Heat 

That link will give you some info about how to fix the issue. Also make sure all your vents are clean. You can use compressed air to clean them out. Just make sure there is no debris or dust lodged in there that is stopping the fan from cycling. Let me know if this does not resolve the issue and then we can try a hard reset.

Also, make sure and update your BIOS. Go to the HP website  and type in your full model name, Then select the OS you have and install the BIOS.

THX

HP Recommended

Your link in no way addresses the asker's problem. Way to fall flat. 

HP Recommended

hi. i have exactly the same problem! is that anything serious? is it difficult to fix? please any answer how did you resolve this issue!!!

HP Recommended

@coffee1976,

I understand you are receiving a fan error.

Is this a system fan (90B) error or a cooling fan error (902)?

What is the product number?

NOTE: Do NOT provide the serial number.

Is the system using the newest BIOS for your system?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

yes...this what message i get when turn on:

Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. The system will shutdown in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation, press the Enter key now."

it is hp g6 pavilion

not sure if it is newest bios...no idea.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update.  However, G6 is still a generic model.  Open the link in my previous post and it should detail how to find the product number which will help identify the exact hardware configuration and any software that is available for it.

Also, ensure that the vents are cleaned as detailed here.  The fan could be failing, but it could be a buildup of dust that is affecting the fan.

If you can get into Windows, pressing Fn + Esc will reveal what BIOS version is in use.  If not, then turning the notebook on and immediately pressing F10 about once a second should load BIOS and list what version it is using.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.