Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

when i tried to recover windows 7 from recovery DVD which i created from the recovery partition , i got the error code: 0xe0ef0003 and the laptob didn't run the windows again, so i can't start it anymore , the model is HP G62-121EE ... please help. cause i think the problem is not a software problem.

THANKS 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It could be other hardware causing the shut down during the test, unfortunately there is no good way to figure out what it is, you may have to send it in for repairs or try another hard drive to see if that cures the problem.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Test the hard drive then the memory modules, post back the results.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/How-to-test-RAM-and-HDD-Hard-Drive/td-p/...

HP Recommended

Ram test completed , HDD test : the device switch off during the test, it happened twise , first time the short test completed and it switched off at the long test , secnd time , it didn't complete the short test and switched off.

HP Recommended

I think you have a bad hard drive, it needs to be replaced.

Did you make the HP recovery discs when you got the PC?

If not you will need to order a set, then replace the hard drive and use the recovery set to install the Operating System.

You can order recovery media here if you do not have them

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

If you have important data on the old hard drive I can show you how to save it once the new hard drive is installed and recovery has been performed, do not throw away the old hard drive

HP Recommended

thanks very much for your interest , i tested the hard drive again , and the test passed !!!
what i have to do ?! 

HP Recommended

It could be other hardware causing the shut down during the test, unfortunately there is no good way to figure out what it is, you may have to send it in for repairs or try another hard drive to see if that cures the problem.

HP Recommended
I have the similar problem, same error code while i tried to recover system from DVD i ve created. I also cannot start Windows 7 anymore. Loptop model pavilion dv6 2114 sa. I performed memory test and hard drive test and they both passed. I think it's the software problem though. What to do? Can you help?
HP Recommended

@Prfal wrote:
I have the similar problem, same error code while i tried to recover system from DVD i ve created. I also cannot start Windows 7 anymore. Loptop model pavilion dv6 2114 sa. I performed memory test and hard drive test and they both passed. I think it's the software problem though. What to do? Can you help?

Start a "new post" on this board with all the details.

HP Recommended

i just bought a new hardrive, a 500gb western digital scorpio blue, after my original hard dive failure, and i did create recovery discs but the recovery gets up to 98-99% then gives me the recovery error. And the the techs that diagnosed my problem put in their hard disk and it worked fine.

HP Recommended

please recover the computer using the recovery cds

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.