Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My laptop started to freeze up every now and then get really laggy and now whenever i try to start it back up it goes straight to system recovery without me telling it to and i cant get out of it.
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Note:  If the option to run these tests is not available in the Bios Menu, use the f2 diagnostic menu instead.

Can you also post back with the following details.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

sorry, my laptop is an HP 630 and when i start it goes into the menu that opens when you hit escape on the very frst screen and does it every time

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you access the bios menu from there or is the option unavailable/doesn't respond?

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
From memory no i cant but i will check that as soon as i get home
HP Recommended

from the menu i get put in all i can do is factory reset and do the system restore but it says there are no restore points. there are a few other options aswell but they all just prompt me to factory reset

HP Recommended
I put this up a few months ago and stopped getting replies so im trying again. Basically my laptop doesnt start. When i turn it on it goes to a recovery menu. I cant revert to an earlier date nor can i backup data to reset it.

It is an HP 630 running windows 7 , core i3 processor, 4gb ram and 500gb HD
HP Recommended

Hi QuakeGamer,

I understand that you are having an issue getting your computer to start. I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/ .

I hope this helps.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hold down the number 2 button as you turn it on. If that dont work hold down f2 button when you turn it on. If that dont work hold down f11 when you turn It on. If that dont work contact the company of the laptop. It mightt be very hard to get a hold of somebody practically impossible but its worth trying. I know this is 6 years later but the people need to know
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.