Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (127 Views)

the Diagnostics policy service is not running troubleshooter will not work error 0x80072EE7

Product Name: hp notebook-15r264dxtouch smar
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

well i think some is hacking my account because i cannot get into any of my setting a change them,The Diagnostics policy service is not working  trouble shooter will not work error code 8x00072EE7 Hard Drive [c] is canceled Network warning Keyboard canceled touch screen [P] canceled

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (93 Views)

Re: the Diagnostics policy service is not running troubleshooter will not work error 0x80072EE7

Hi @nilesbroadzilla,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you are getting an error 0x80072EE7 on the computer.

I'll be glad to help you :)

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Remove the user account that is experiencing difficulty with the Guests or Limited account groups

1. Click Start, click Run, type control admintools, and then click OK.
  2. Click Computer Management.
  3. Expand Local Users and Groups.
  4. Select Users.
  5. Open the account that is used to access Windows Update or Microsoft Update.
  6. Click the Member of tab.
  7. Select the user account that you want to remove, and then click Remove.

Method 2: Set the Security Descriptor

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
  2. Type sc sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU), and then press ENTER.

You will receive a "Success" message.

Note The Sc.exe tool is not available in a default Windows 2000 installation. The Sc.exe tool can be found from the Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Resource Kit.
  3. Type Exit to close the command prompt.
  4. Try Windows Update or Microsoft Update again.

Method 3: Add the Local Administrator and Service accounts to the Impersonate a client after authentication policy

1. Click Start, click Run, type secpol.msc, and then press ENTER.
  2. Expand Local Policies.
  3. Click User Rights Assignment.
  4. Double-click to open the Impersonate a client after authentication policy
  5. On the Local Security Settings tab, click Add User or Group, and then add the Administrator and Service to the list of Users and Groups.
  6. Click OK, and then restart the computer.

Method 4: Configure the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service to log on as a Local System account

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
  2. Locate and right-click the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service, and then click Properties.
  3. On the Log On tab, click Local System account, click Apply, and then click OK.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Good day! Take care :)

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation