Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i got my new laptop yesterday and updated all drivers and the scrolling on the touchpad still doesnt work.

am i doing something wrong? i also dont have a synaptics tab in the mouse thing in control panel. any ideas on what to do?

HP Recommended
Many thanks. I had the same problem with Probook4530s touch pad and it is solved by your instructions.
Thanks.
Mohib
HP Recommended

Why is there no documentation on how to use the 4530s touchpad in the HP manuals? This is a total screw-up as far as I am concerned. I have never seen HP slip to such lows for providing correct documentation for their products.

HP Recommended

My synaptics instructions are in mouse properties>synaptics tab.

HP Recommended

hi my friend.

i have your problem too but my touchpad work occasionally.

please if you can solve the problem, send me the solution.

david.alison.2000@gmail.com

thank you very much.

HP Recommended

my probook 4530s does every time it comes back from hibernation.

when i reboot, it works just fine.

but then i hibernate and when i come back the mouse doesnt move, so i have to use the keyboard to reboot.

driver is up to date. i go to device manager (using the keyboard) and synaptics is just there as working properly.

any clues on hoe to get this fixed.

thanks

HP Recommended

i have the same problem,,my touchpad for the same brand stopped all of a sudden ,,reinstalled the driver many times and still same problem..even it becoming worse ,,Caps lock key is hanged as well as the mousebad

any body can help?? or where can i find th HP technical support in Dubai??

HP Recommended

Touch Pad Amber Light is on and I cannot move the curser on my lap top.  Can anyone explain to me how to turn the light to on position on Touch Pad on my Lap Top to all my curser to work?

HP Recommended

My touchpad has also failed in the last two days. Cursor arrow is seen, but left-click does not open features.

I am desperate. My warranty on this expired end of October. Everything was working fine for the last few months.

I have installed the latest Synaptics driver from the 4530s Drivers page.

The Device Manager tab for the touchpad states: 'device is working properly'.

The 'disable' light in the upper left of the pad is OFF. I am able to use the laptop with a USB mouse plugged-in, but I would prefer to use the pad.

The only other recent change has been the roll-out of a new version of Yahoo.Mail, which features unusual visuals ('hover', auto-scroll, etc).

Yahoo made this change within the last few days as well. I think there is a bug/incapatibility issue, but I am not sure.

Can this Touchpad be swapped out with a new one? Has anyone tried this?

If anyone can help, PLEASE offer any suggestions! Thnx.

HP Recommended

Try tapping the amber light quickly with a stiff finger - no swiping.  This should cause the amber light to disappear, allowing cursor movement.

If repeated single taps do not work, try a quick 'double-tap' to get the light to turn off.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.