12-28-2013 01:24 PM
01-09-2014 10:27 AM - last edited on 02-24-2017 02:21 PM by OscarFuentes
Thank you for your post. I will do my best to assist you!
I understand that you updated to Windows 8.1 and now the fingerprint reader is not functioning. Here is a link to the software and drivers page for your computer. Please select keyboard, mouse and input devices, you will find the driver there for Windows 8.1. Please download the driver and then install,when you do it should find the correct hardware and pair up.Have you run the "HP Support Assistant" to aid in updates and issues. click here. For your convenience I am also including "Troubleshooting a Fingerprint Reader (Windows 8)" click here. Please let me know the results.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)