Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
L4R64AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I am using HP ENVY Notebook - 17t-n000 CTO, Product number: L4R64AV,  i bought it at 2015, until this week try to create the recovery media with a flash drive, it said need at least 27g, so i use a brand new 32 G drive, at last step, it gave me error "verification failed while creating recovery media using the HP Recovery Manager ".   I tried twice the same issue, please help. thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Daisy168

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you are unable to create the recovery media,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you follow this HP Article to create the recovery media?

(Click here to view and verify)

If yes and yet the creation doesn't work or proceed further, you may have a corrupt partition and you could do one of two things, either order a fresh copy from HP:

Click here for instructions.

Or alternatively, Contact HP to get the discs shipped out to you: 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Daisy168

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you are unable to create the recovery media,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you follow this HP Article to create the recovery media?

(Click here to view and verify)

If yes and yet the creation doesn't work or proceed further, you may have a corrupt partition and you could do one of two things, either order a fresh copy from HP:

Click here for instructions.

Or alternatively, Contact HP to get the discs shipped out to you: 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.