Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ric14
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when I try to boot it says that boot device not found please install an operating system error 3F

EHP 15 notebook PCxample: Pavilion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I used a fix me stick and when I was through running it  it did something to my operating system now it can't find the boot device  it tells me to please install an operating system on my hard disk please help me 

3 REPLIES 3
Level 12
Level 12
879 876 84 205
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when I try to boot it says that boot device not found please install an operating system error 3F

Hello, I don't understand all.. What do you did on your operating system?? 

If you have modified your disk it is possible you have erased informations about your hard drive, so your computer don't know what is your operating system.. If you boot your computer taping F11 key, do you have the same message?? 

Other questions: do you have a recovery media for your system? And do you have datas you need to recover?? Because that can be difficult after your modifications.. 
And please tell us the Product Number (P/N) from your PC.
If you need help for find this please check this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

I am former Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.
0 Kudos
ric14
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when I boot my hp laptop it says can't find boot device  please install an operating system I have windows 10 I bought a USB flash drive with the os on it  now when I try to download it won't download it cause it says that there are files missing  I am getting frustrated with this  my wife tells me to get a new one thank you for taking the time to answer my question 

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
879 876 84 205
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, please execute an hardware test in your computer. For this, restart your computer by tapping F2 when it is been down for restart. You come in HP Hardware Diagnostic Interface and can execute all tests. If you have a fail please tell us. 

If any error, please tell us the Product Number (P/N) from your PC.
If you need help for find this please check this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

I am former Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation