06-12-2016 04:51 AM
Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome!
HP Recovery is only available for comuter that originally came with Windows preinstalled by HP (a.k.a. OEM Windows). It will appear if the recovery partitions are working and intact.
Once you start your computer after pressing the power-on button, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).
Then an HP boot options will appear and you can choose the recovery options.
Alternatively, start to Windows and load it from there.
More information can be found in the HP official article >> http://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c04758961 (Win 10)
>> http://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c03489643 (Win 8/8.1)
If the recovery partitions are not working, if you want to recover your machine to factory default condition, you may have to reinstall Windows and/or purchase recovery media from HP to restore to factory default condition.
Let me know if this works for you.
Use the button to accept this post as a solution if your problem is solved
* * * IT_WinSec : I am not employed by HP Inc. I am a volunteer and I express personal opinion only. I work in IT and cyber security
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)