Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15 2015 note book
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

first thing i did was to erase everything to factory set

then when it reached 46% everything turned black, only the HP logo coming and going.

i did a Bios check and recovery but issue still continue and logo still showing like it wants to start and go like turning off.

harddrive is ok , memory is ok audio ok, mouse ok. i did an extensive test and everything passed but no operating system check is not giving me any option for it. how can that happen? it was working slow but working.....i need help tis will cost me my job please help!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@lindasayurie

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an  HP 15 laptop and initiated a factory reset on it. However, the reset was stuck at 46% and turned black. Since then only the HP logo appears in intervals. You have tested the hard drive, memory, etc. and all passed. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Not to worry though as I have a few suggestions. However, I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If battery is integrated then leave it inside the laptop. 
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the issue persists then please perform a BIOS recovery on the laptop:

• Turn off the computer.

• Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.

• With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key  and the B key at the same time. On newer notebook models, it might be necessary to press and hold the Windows logo key  and the V key instead of the B key.

• Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B (or V) keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The power LED light remains illuminated and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

HP BIOS Update screen showing a progress indicator

Once the BIOS recovery is successful, please check if Windows loads, if required you may have to initiate the factory reset again from initial startup by following the below steps:

• Turn off the laptop.
  • Power on the laptop and immediately hit the F11 key repeatedly. This will load the recovery partition and from here you may initiate the factory reset.

Hope this information helps. Please let me know the results. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.