Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy 13 ab016nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently my notebook displayed a screen reading there wad nothing to boot from (I actually don't remember the full readings) so I downloaded windows 10 into a usb from another computer and it worked the first time. Then, the next day when I turned the notebook on, it displayed the same screen I saw the day ago. So I repeated the process , but now when I press the (install now) button, after loading it says that it couldn't find a disk to install  the windows. I tried putting my usb into a new port, but there still is no luck. It has been 3days since. 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @hardwarenoob

Yes, It certainly looks like a hard drive issue with the PC 😞

You can try to reseat the hard drive to try and fix the problem. Follow the step 4 here: http://hp.care/2tFBD24 

Once done, then try to run the diagnostics and check for issue resolution. If the issue persists, then please contact the HP phone support to get the PC service options. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello, @hardwarenoob - Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

I see that you are having issues while booting the Windows 10 on your PC. To assist you with this issue, I need to know the following details:

1) Can you login to your Windows in any way? 

2) Did you perform any software or hardware update on your PC? 

Alternatively, I'd suggest you perform the steps listed here: http://hp.care/2vMoVzd 

Follow the steps under "System recovery using media you created".

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Well, to answer your questions first
1) No. My windows is in the process of re- installation and therefore, i cannot or.perhaps dont know how to log in to windows.

2) Also an a no. Although I did reinstall windows once previously. Not sure if that counts.

I'll let you know again if the infos on the link works or not.
HP Recommended

Hello, @hardwarenoob

Thanks for the update 🙂

Try the steps listed to perform a recovery and let me know if that fixes the issue!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
I followed the steps listed, and the following steps "when windows won't start " after pressing f11 the screen displays
"boot device not found
Please install an operating system on your hard disk
Hard disk (3FO)
F2 system diagnostics "
(I removed the installation usb as the description said)
I'm not sure if this is a software or hardware issue, and if I should replace anything.
HP Recommended

Hello, @hardwarenoob

Let's also run a hardware test to check whether there is any hardware failure with the PC. Follow the steps below:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc to get the Startup menu. Now press F2 key.
  3. The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
  4. Select the "Component test" and then select "Hard drive" from the list.
  5. If the test passes, also perform a "system extensive" test.
  6. Let me know if the test passes or not.

Here are the detailed steps: http://hp.care/2wE5bvd 

Let me know the results!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

No hard drive installed . please check that the power and data cables are connected properly.

I assume that's a fail.

HP Recommended

Hello, @hardwarenoob

Yes, It certainly looks like a hard drive issue with the PC 😞

You can try to reseat the hard drive to try and fix the problem. Follow the step 4 here: http://hp.care/2tFBD24 

Once done, then try to run the diagnostics and check for issue resolution. If the issue persists, then please contact the HP phone support to get the PC service options. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Have a great day 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Okay, thanks. I guess i'll have to replace my hard disk.
Although its been less than a year.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.