09-08-2016 04:29 PM
i had upgraded it to windows 10 nd most of things lik microphone. internet connection. and so are not working properly nd yesterday to add to this i had a virus attack. 85.195., something... ma laptop is messed up... i want to boot the lap. so can u tell me wer to get genuine windows 7 home basic oa india to download nd reinstall as laptop came with this nd i have the product key
09-09-2016 12:46 PM
Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.
You have 2 options:
1) Once you upgrade to Win 10 (if upgrade option was performed, not clean re-installation) you can revert to previous Windows edition (e.g. W7) for 10 or 30 days after Windows 10 upgrade.
You'll be able to go back to an earlier version by going to Settings > Update & security > Recovery . The time you have to go back depends on what version of Windows 10 your PC is running after the upgrade. For example, if your PC is running Windows 10 Version 1511, you have a month to go back to your previous operating system. If your PC is running Windows 10 Version 1607 Anniversary update, you have 10 days to go back.
2) If the above is not applicable and if you own a valid Windows 7 licence key, you can legally download Windows 7 ISO images from Microsoft web site here >> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
You can burn the ISO to a DVD or write it to a USB thumdrive
Once you are ready, boot from this DVD/USB device and reinstall Win 7.
Drivers for the Windows OS can be obtained from HP support site > http://support.hp.com
If you require details or assistance on something specific, please do not hesitate to reply and ask - I'd be glad to help.
Let me know how it goes and if you managed to fix it.
Please, use the button to accept this post as a solution if my comment helped
* * * IT_WinSec : I am not employed by HP Inc. I am a volunteer and I express personal opinion only. I work in IT and cyber security
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)