Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 630
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Good day

I would like to know how to recover the original windows of your pc . My pc keep on showing that the windows i have is not genuine and the product key at the back of my laptop is not showing anymore may you please help me with this issue

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@bee8

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you are getting the message - "windows is not genuine" and need help with the same,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check the HP Article on resolving your concern?

If you haven't, try this article: Click here for instructions.

And remember, If your HP notebook came with Windows 7 installed, System Recovery can be used as an alternative to performing either an online or telephone activation. This restores Windows 7 to its original factory condition, which is pre-activated by default.

To perform an HP System Recovery, turn on the computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly.

For computers sold in the United States that are being used for the first time, the recovery process may take a little more than fifteen minutes. For computers sold in other countries/regions and for computers that experience the message after a recovery, System Recovery may take longer than 45 minutes. For more information about System Recovery, please see the HP support document HP Guided Solution - Performing an HP System Recovery.

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.