01-04-2014 12:09 AM
sorry, idk if this is in the right place but since i updated my laptop's software to windows 8.1, my HP simplepass to login to my desktop has stopped working. I went into my account> sign in options> and tried to enable fingerprint authorisation but the button to "add" it as an option was grey and i could not click on it??
how do i get it to work? It is so annoying being unable to log in quickly.
01-04-2014 02:48 AM - edited 01-04-2014 02:48 AM
uninstall SimplePass reboot
deactivate Virusscanner for installing
Install the new SimplePass Windows 8.1
For Windows 8.1 you must update the BIOS and Chipset driver
Please Post your System Name
Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
01-25-2014 02:07 AM
I'm digging the forums since a week to find out what has happened to the fingerprint reader. So now i gave up, please help.
I tried the following things:
1. Windows settnig up the Driver, Simple pass from HP site --> Nor Win, Nor Simple pass finds the option to log in with FP
2. HP Support assistant set up the driver, Simple pass from HP site --> same
3. Manually download the driver from HP site, Simple pass from HP site --> same
4. Manually download the driver from Validity website, no simple pass --> Windows finds the option to sign in, but doesn't do anything, when I'm scanning the finger.
5. Manually download the driver from Validity website, using the simple pass you mentioned here --> windows and SP finds that i have FP reader, but doesn't recognise that I'm scanning my finger
6. Installed back win 8.0 driver, no Simplepass--> Windows gives the option to log in with fingerprint, but the "add" button is gray
6. Installed back win 8.0 driver, previous simple pass --> no option to sign in
I figured, that i have to reboot after each mouse scroll what I do, so now i'm glad this cr**** has SSD...
Is there any combo I haven't try?
Ohh yes and let me add two more: it worked under W8, and having almost the same problem in W7....
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)