Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 2x1 detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hi all
I had bought hp pavilion 2x1 detachable tablet/pc in US.
After using it for few months I updated windows last month. While updating it said that there wasn't space to store previous version of Windows and asked me to choose a removable drive, since the memory of the pc is only 32gb. I had been using a 64gb sd card with it and chose it as the location for storing previous version. After a while I noticed that computer has restarted and the screen was showing "Restoring your previous version of Windows". I waited for a long time but it was the same. It keeps restarting and showing the same display.
I'm a sailor and I have limited access to Internet onboard now.

Please help me with this issue. Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @viki1532

Welcome to HP Forums and thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to update Windows due to lack of disk space. I will be glad to help. 

Recommend you to refer to this article to create more disc space on your computer. 

Refer to the below articles for assistance. 

Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers

HP PCs - Go Back to a Previous Version of Windows (Windows 10)

HP Products - Common Solutions for Windows 10

Also, refer to other troubleshooting options by clicking here

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @viki1532

Welcome to HP Forums and thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to update Windows due to lack of disk space. I will be glad to help. 

Recommend you to refer to this article to create more disc space on your computer. 

Refer to the below articles for assistance. 

Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers

HP PCs - Go Back to a Previous Version of Windows (Windows 10)

HP Products - Common Solutions for Windows 10

Also, refer to other troubleshooting options by clicking here

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
hi Chimney_83
Last time when I faced the above issue I followed your suggestion and solved the problem by creating a system image from a similar tablet and using it to boot my tablet.
During a recent windows update last month I encountered the same problem again. When I try to reset my pc it says that my login password is wrong whereas I am able to use the same password to access my Microsoft account in the web.
I am sure that I haven't changed the password.
How do I retrieve it in case if it has been changed.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.