Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when I try playing Minecraft online y cpu reaches 100%, something I did not expect from such a high performance laptop. my friends laptop is much much older yet has a cpu of around 30-40% when he plays. how do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kingonator

Welcome to HP support community.

1. Registry Hack

The first and the most effective and helpful way to fix all the issues related to high RAM usage. So, if you are not aware of the cause of the slow performance of your Windows PC then this method will help you to a great extent. For fixing high RAM usage simply follow the below steps.

• Hit Win Key + R
  • Type in “Regedit” and then hit Enter.
  • Go to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management’
  • Find ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’ and change its value to 1
  • Restart the computer

2. Uninstall unwanted programs

If you still aren’t able to fix the high usage of  RAM and CPU then there might be some more than required programs installed in your system. If there are such programs which are installed on your Windows PC but you do not use them then immediately uninstall those programs.

3. Disable all the unnecessary startup programs

Whenever you start your PC some of the programs automatically get started by themselves without your knowledge. For example, antivirus, Java updater, downloaders, etc. These programs may not be visible to you but run in the background. And it is obvious that they use up the CPU and RAM. So, disabling the unnecessary programs at the startup will definitely help ou to save a lot of RAM and CPU usage.

• Hit Win Key + R
  • Type ‘msconfig’ and press enter
  • The Task manager window will open. Click on the “Startup” tab and you will see a list of programs that run at startup.
  • Right click on the applications that you don’t want to run at startup and select “Disable”.

4. Fix the driver issue:

• Open ‘Device manager’ and ‘Scan for hardware changes’

5. Adjust your Windows 10 for the best performance

• Right click on “Computer” icon and select “Properties”
  • Select “Advanced System settings”
  • Go to the “System properties”
  • Select “Settings”
  • Choose “Adjust for best performance” and “Apply”.
  • Click “OK” and Restart your computer.

6. Scan and remove a malware or virus

Most important, I would suggest you to update the Bios, Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.