Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 2018 HP SVA Brightview WLED Backlit Premium laptop and I would like to disable the touch pad.  I hate the touch pad and am using a wireless mouse instead.  The touch pad mouse always ends up somewhere i don't want to be and it mucks up my sentences or inadvertently ends up deleting whole sentences because of something I've done by accidentally brushing a sleeve across the touch pad.  Please help if you can.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Lizibeth 

In order to help you, we need to know the exact product number of your laptop.

The product number is located in the HP Support Assistant.
Go to the Start menu and scroll to H>HP Help and Support>HP Support Assistant.
Open the program and click on your computer in the list.
The Product Number will be listed either on the top or bottom of the window.

HP Recommended

Hi again, sorry for the delay.  My product number is 2MW32UA#ASA

Model IS-bs15bc1

I hope this makes some sense.  I found this on the back of the computer. 

Thanks

Liz Butt

HP Recommended

You model is HP Notebook - 15-bs158cl.

Judging from the drivers available, it should have a Synaptics touch pad.

Go to All Settings > Devices > Touchpad and look for a line that says... Additional settings and click on it.

additional settings.PNG

See if it has a button for Clickpad Disable and click on it.

clickpad disable.PNG

Does that work?

HP Recommended

It wasn't exactly as you showed it but there was a line that showed the touch pad and an additional line to be able to disable it.  Thank you so much.  I have been hours trying to find out how to disable it.  This is brilliant.

Thank you again.

Liz Butt

HP Recommended

Perfect, glad its working out for you.

If you would be so kind, mark the answer as Solved so others that see that can know it worked.

Thank you. 😃

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.