cancel
johnALB Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

2740p erratic mouse moevement

Hello i own a 2740p laptop with windows 10 installed on it. Uder high CPU usage my mouse starts moving. On drivers site i found a driver that fixes it, however i am unable to install it. I am getting message saying that Hynis display is not on my device. Looking on device manager and opening details of my display i can see Hynis. What is the problem ? 

My model number is VB511AV#ABU

a.PNGSnímka.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
16118 16062 1492 3573
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@johnALB

The screenshot shows "Pen" Firmware, and this is generally not applicable to a mouse because pens often use pressure, which a mouse does not use.  So, if you're trying to install that, it's no surprise it will not work.

If you are convinced that is the right software, then you should visit the support forum for the mouse manufacturer and see what they say about the drivers to be installed.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
johnALB Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, maybe I wrongly interpreted the question. By mouse I meant cursor, or pointer if you will. 

Anyway. Found a solution. Apparently, the softpaq does not support windows 10. So i installed windows 7 on a separate partition and the softpaq detected the correct display and flashed the firmware. My cursor no longer moves when CPU utilization is high. Then using diskmgmt.msc I deleted the windows 7 partition. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation