Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When ever I use Google chrome browser I receive multiple ESET warnings for A potentially unwanted application, these warnings appear everytime I open Chrome browser inspite of cleaning by ESET.  As per ESET support team issue is due to some firmware, appended below mail communiction from ESET;

We can see below detection in the provided log;

\\Uefi Partition » UEFI » uefi:\\Volume 2\Firmware Volume Image {20BC8AC9-94D1-4208-AB28-5D673FD73486}\Volume 1\ComputraceComponents - a variant of EFI/CompuTrace.A potentially unsafe application - action selection postponed until scan completion

It means that the threat is present in the UEFI Partition. UEFI infections are very specific to the hardware firmware that they infect, ESET can only detect and notify you of a UEFI infection.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SenthilKNM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Have you tried with different browser i.e Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge browser?
  • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Google Chrome browser?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.