Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 8 (9,513 Views)

AMD USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller 0100 (Microsoft) Code 28

So, I have a brand new HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC. The other day, all the USB ports stopped working. Looks like I have a couple unknown divices missing drivers. This is what I get.. AMD USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller 0100 (Microsoft) Code 28. 

I cant find this driver anywhere, even on the AMD website. I've also updated my BIOS and chipset and just about everything else I can think of and the USB ports still dont work. They get power, I can charge a phone through them, but the laptop doesnt see what is connected. 

Anyone know where to find this driver?

Thanks

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 8 (9,474 Views)

Re: AMD USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller 0100 (Microsoft) Code 28

[ Edited ]

Hi @KFM1 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue on your HP Pavilion 15 Notebook and the USB not working correctly. Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices. I would go to the device manager and uninstall any USB devices.

Restart the notebook. Here is a driver for your Notebook and Windows 8.1.

I would be happy to assist if needed. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (7,378 Views)

Hi there!

I cannot access your driver link. Please provide me a link to download the driver since I have exactly the same issue. Thanks so much!

Retired
Message 4 of 8 (7,353 Views)

Hi @Natalie_19,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the USB . I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (7,347 Views)

Hi Tardis 40,
I have an HP Envy TS 15 Notebook PC Window 8.1 64-bit, The product number is E0M39UA#ABA. None of my USB ports works and it status is: "This device cannot start (code 10)
{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful"
I'm looking forward to hear from you soon. Thanks so much!
Retired
Message 6 of 8 (7,343 Views)

Hi @Natalie_19,

Thanks for getting back to me with the information.

Please follow the steps from these docments.

Computer Does Not Start (Windows 8)

Troubleshooting USB connections (Windows 10, 8)

Here is a link to start the download for HP 3005pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator Driver.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 7 of 8 (7,329 Views)

Hi Tardis40

I tried to download HP 3005pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator Driver and installed it but seems like nothing has been changed and I used troubleshooting to detect the problems but Windows failed to fix it.

I also tried to download AMD chipset drivers from their offical website  http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows  but it said "Your Operationg system is not support". Please let me know what I should do next? Do you have any suggestion?

Retired
Message 8 of 8 (7,312 Views)

Hi @Natalie_19,

Thank you for the update. Have you tried running the Windows troubleshooter? Do you have a restore point that you can go back to where the USB ports were working? HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 8). You can also test the USB ports to rule out a hardware issue. You will see "USB Port" under  the components options.  HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8)  Have you checked for viruses and malware? Where there any changes made to your system prior to when this occurred?

To say thanks for helping, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation