Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-dc1018ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. On my gaming laptop, I came across one problem. I want to update my AMI BIOS version F.10 to version F.12, but this does not work, since it requires the creation of an additional partition for the BIOS, this section will take 256 MB of free space for me. In the process of creating this partition itself, the inscription "There is not enough free disk space to complete the System BIOS and Device Firmware update operation. Delete some files to free disk space then retry again" appears. I note that there is a lot of free space on the system disk, but even so, I cleared it of unnecessary files, it did not help. Help, what should I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tigran_1126,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

What does disk management say about how much space you have on your hard drive partitions? I think a BIOS update needs clear space on one of the system partitions not necessarily the C:\ drive. 

Follow the below steps to resolve Low Disk Space issues: 

• Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure. 

• Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following: 

• powercfg hibernate off 

• Enjoy your extra space! 

Resolving Low Disk Space Errors: Click here  

You may also try to Update the BIOS manually from a USB Flash drive (outside of Windows). For more details, please follow this link: HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.