Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Access the Advanced tab, Insydeh20 Bios, Envy DV6 7273ca

Envy DV6 7273ca
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Not sure if this is the right place to post such a question, if it isnt, please direct me to the right board.

I need to access the Advanced Tab to use IDE Compatibility mode, dual booting Windows XP to use legacy programs that dont work on a virtual machine. (poor 3d support) I know support for it dropped 2 years ago and some drivers might not work, but I need XP regardless. Anyway, after digging around the internet after my laptop kept shutting down during XP setup, I found out that I needed to enable IDE compatibility mode, but when I checked, the option wasnt there. My BIOS is  Insydeh20 Rev 3.7, version F.12. I am aware that accessing the advanced tab is risky, but I know there are safe(r) ways to do it.

At this point, anything at all helps. Even if I can only access the advanced tab once.

Thanks

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17710 1153 1862
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Access the Advanced tab, Insydeh20 Bios, Envy DV6 7273ca

Hi @spyro1001,

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

I'll be glad to help you :)

As I understand you want to access the advanced tab in the Bios, I'll try my best to help you with this,

HP has locked a few settings on your computer which are being managed by the system configuration as the device is configured to its optimal performance.

There's no way of resetting or changing these locked settings via HP articles or assistance,

You could unlock and make changes at your own discretion using 3rd party tools, however, HP doesn't recommend the same nor has information about the tools used.

I hope you understand.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation