1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Advanced option tab missing

HP HDX16 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

I  want to run Virtualbox on my PC and Virtualbox comes with 32bit and no 64bit initially. So, in order for me to use 64bit, we would have to go thru Bios by enabling Intel Virtualization Technology manually. My bios version is F.24 and it seeems to be upto date. I tried to look for that option in every tab menu on my bios, but it seems like the ADVANCED option tab is completly missing there including a lot of other options. Can you guys please refer to the image file pasted below and help me with this? thank you. 

Reagrds,

HP Customer

Bios F.24

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15786 15777 1044 1705
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Advanced option tab missing

Hi @SpeedNyM

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to enable the virtualization in your computer bios.

I’d love to help!

The bios what you have on your computer is an older BIOS and there will be no advanced tab in it.

To enable virtualization, you need to go to System configuration and under it, you will find the virtualization options.

See the image below.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation