vieda
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

All USB ports stopped working

HP Recommended
Notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

my notebook 15 USB port stopped working but they still providing power that i can use for charging. how can i fix the problem?

1 REPLY 1
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,623
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @vieda - Greetings!

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand you are facing issues with the USB ports on your HP notebook PC. I will do my best to assist you with this issue 🙂

To isolate the issue, could you try using different USB devices on your PC and check? Also, try them on different USB posts and let me know if the issue is specific to a particular port or device.

Alternatively, let’s try to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows logo key” + “R” to get the run pop-up window. Type “devmgmt.msc” and press ok.
  • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”
  • Click the “+” next to Universal Serial Bus Controller to expand the nod. You will notice many USB device entries.
  • Right-click on all the USB device entries, and click “Uninstall”. When prompted with “Are sure you want to remove” click “Yes”.
  • After all the items are removed, close all open windows and “Restart” the system.
  • The drivers will be automatically installed in few minutes and then try using the USB ports.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation