Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a warranty update from HP's website prior to my laptop's warranty expiring in November. I haven't figured out how to apply it to my laptop, and the warranty is now expired. I would like to know how to apply the new warranty I purchased to my current laptop, if possible.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@KWScreenName -- what documents about the extended warranty were:

1. printed by HP, and delivered by courier to your?
  2. copied by you from HP's web-site, to give instructions on how to "activate" the subscription,
  3. sent to you by HP, with attachments?

Have you contacted HP Support, to get advice from them?

HP Recommended

@KWScreenName 

Unfortunately, you are likely stuck in a  "catch-22" Why? Because to get support in the US, you have to fill out an online HP form and to do that, you have to enter a serial number of a PC that is still under warranty -- and since yours is not, you can't get any HP contact number and we are not permitted to provide you any.

Great, Huh?

Your only recourse is to check the info that @itsmyname already mentioned to see if there is any contact information there you can use.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.