Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 13-u001nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everybody,

I have HP Pavilion x360 13-u001nl, after a hard disk replacement I had to reinstal OS. Everything went fine, but the option about auto rotate and auto switch in tablet mode disappeared from available options. I installed chipset drivers from hp website but I just had the lock rotation icon in the quich menu. The icon is always grey and the posibility to activate the function is unavailable.

How can I do to restore the auto rotation and the auto tablet mode?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Albert001

Welcome to HP forums, I see that the auto rotation is not working on the notebook.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open Settings App and go to System > Display.
  2. Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.
    portrait-orientation
  3. Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

Solution 2 – Disconnect your keyboard

If Rotation Lock is grayed out, you might want to try disconnecting your keyboard. Check if this resolves the issue.

Solution 3 – Switch to Tablet Mode

If your device doesn’t switch automatically to Tablet Mode, you can do the following to access Tablet Mode manually:

1. Click the Action Center button in the Taskbar.
    action-center-button
  2. When Action Center opens, click the Tablet Mode.
    tablet-mode

You can also enter Tablet Mode using the Settings app:

1. Open Settings > System > Tablet Mode.
  2. Make sure that Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet is turned On.
    tablet-mode-settings
  3. If you want, you can also change how your device will work when you automatically switch Tablet Mode on or off.

Solution 4 – Change Last Orientation registry value

If you have problems with Rotation Lock and if the rotation isn’t working on your device, you might have to change some registry values. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R and type regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
    regedit
  2. When Registry Editor opens, you need to navigate to the following key in the left pane:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAutoRotation
  3. In the right pane, find LastOrientation and double-click it.
    autorotate-registry
  4. In Value data box enter 0 and click OK to save changes.
    lastorientation-value
  5. If you see SensorPresent DWORD available, double-click it and make sure that its value is set to 1.

Solution 5 – Uninstall / Update your display drivers

Sometimes, problems with Rotation Lock can be caused by your display drivers, so you might need to update them or uninstall them. To uninstall your drivers, do the following:

1. Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
    device-manager
  2. When Device Manager opens, navigate to Display adapters section and locate your driver.
  3. Right-click the driver and choose Uninstall.
    uninstall-driver
  4. After you have uninstalled the driver, restart your device.

If the problem still persists, you might have to update your display adapters. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Open Device Manager and locate your display adapter driver.
  2. Right-click it and choose Update Driver Software.
    update-driver-software
  3. Choose one of the options and follow the instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.