Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is strange, I was taking notes in class earlier and my laptop was working fine. I put my laptop to sleep, went home, and when I turned it on a few hours later, I had an issue of my b and n keys not working. Every other key is working, including my space bar, but it's just b and n. I don't know why this is happening and it's really stressful because I'm a college student with no way to repair this if it's an issue that costs money.

I've tried every solution I could think of. Deleting my keyboard driver, attempting to update it, restarted my laptop a few times, I even restored my laptop to a previous point that was a week ago. I messed with the filter keys, nothing. I don't know what's happened!! 

I know it being dirty isn't the issue either because I have kept it clean and cleaned it out earlier.

Please help. Any help will do. B and N isn't that bad to not have, but it's bad that it's not working. I've had this laptop since 2019 summer so it's only been two years. I really don't want to replace it when it's been that early. 

Thanks.

Update: I did a component test, and it looks like my F1, f8, f12, insrt, delete, capslock, and = keys aren't working. What happened? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try performing a power reset and see if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/ish_1997208-1551050-16

Attach an exetrnal USB keyboard and see if it works

See if the keyboard works in safe mode.

You could try booting from a USB disk (Linux or Windows and see if works)

If the keyboard no longer works it will need to be replaced. If you provide the exact model number we can take a look at how this is done.

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.