Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
KIARA2 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BRIGHTNESS FUNCTION KEYS NOT WORKING

015-AC098TU HP NOTEBOOK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELLO

IN MY NOTEBOOK 15-AC098TU, THE FUNCTION KEYS FOR ADJUSTING BRIGHTNESS ARE NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10. PLEASE SUGGEST ME ANY SOLUTION FOR THE SAME.

ALSO, PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME OF THE DRIVERS TO SHOULD BE INSTALLED.

THANK YOU.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 822 1400
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BRIGHTNESS FUNCTION KEYS NOT WORKING

@KIARA2

Welcome to HP Support Forums. :) I came across your post and would like to help. I read that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ac098tu with Windows 10 installed and the Function keys do not work to adjust the brightness. 

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue. And here's the step by step guide for you:

1. Click the Start button, then click Run .

2.In the Run window, next to Open , type MSCONFIG.

3.Press the ENTER key.

4.In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab.

5.On the Startup tab, under Startup Item , ensure that there is a check in the HKserv checkbox.

NOTE: If HKserv is missing, reinstall the Hot-Key Utility application by clicking here: http://hp.care/2gdfTkL. 

Please restart the laptop once you perform the above steps and then try to use the Fn keys. Plese note you need to press and hold the Fn key and then tap the function display key in the top row to adjust the display. Please refer to this link to know how to adjust display settings from Windows: http://hp.care/2gdosvP.

Let me know how that pans out, I hope you have a good day ahead, And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. Cheers!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation