LADEVIC Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BUILT IN WEBCAM

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I truly find this ridiculous. I have had this laptop for three years, decided recently to try the webcam and lo and behold it doesn't work. When the cyberlink is turned on, it says it can't detect the camera and that it needs to be turned on. Since the user manual does not state anything about turning on the webcam which is in the computer, I have enabled, disabled and re enabled the cam, updated the drivers and it still does not turn on. After reading these forums it seems that the only answer is to call support. But for them to give a solution they want money.  All I need is for someone to tell me what buttons to push to turn the cam on.  It shouldn't be rocket science nor should it cost anything since it was included in the laptop but kept out the user manuals for whatever reason.  So just tell me how to turn it on and off. Every other laptop I have owned up to this point had the button. But of course, I decide to switch to a well known product that should be one of the best around and I get this issue. So I'm not wasting my time stayng on hold with a support team that is only going to ask for money to fix a problem that they created. Someone please help....

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BUILT IN WEBCAM

Hi @LADEVIC,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you. 

I would be happy to assist if needed as there are many models of HP Notebooks, I would need the Model number.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
LADEVIC Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BUILT IN WEBCAM

The product number is  F0Q58UA#ABA.  Using Cyberlink...

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BUILT IN WEBCAM

Hey LADEVIC,

Thanks for the additional information. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcam drivers. Uninstall all that are listed there and restart your Notebook. Then try the CyberLink.

Here is a link to help troubleshoot if the above does not help.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation