11-15-2016 01:03 AM
I am having a strange issue. I was running windows 8.1 and then I downgraded to windows 7 and since I have downgraded to windows 7 I am having this problem battery 0% plugged, not charging. As soon as I remove the power, laptop shuts down. My laptop is less than one year old.
I tried all the options on internet such as uninstalling battery driver through Device Manager.
Main question I would like to ask, is this a software issue or hardware.
I gave my laptop to a friend to downgrade windows and once laptop came back to me after a week, battery is not working. Before that everything was fine.
11-15-2016 07:00 AM
sometime it will happen but if u want to make sure plz try with ubuntu and see it works. u can also try battery life check
1. Ensure that the power cord is plugged in.
2. Press the power button to start the computer.
3. Press Esc on the keyboard when the HP or Compaq logo screen appears.
4. Press F2 to select F2 System Diagnostics in the startup menu.
5. Click Battery Test.
6. Click Start Battery Test on the Battery Test page.