Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 18 (59,273 Views)
Accepted Solution

Battery Indicator shows 100% charged at all times

My Pavilion dv4-2161nr battery indicator in bottom right hand corner of screen shows 100% charged at all times.  When i am working on battery power only and I know the battery is discharging the indicator continues to show 100%.  After a few hours of working, the laptop just shuts down.  I am able to charge and work on battery power for a good period of time but indicator never changes.  Also, when the battery is running on AC power with adaptor plugged in and the battery is in a recharging state it shows a full battery.  Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Battery Indicator shows 100% charged at all times

Hi,

First of all, shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter, remove the battery, and then hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.

Now, plug in the AC Adapter without the battery inserted, start the notebook, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand the entry for Batteries, right click on and the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall - do not uninstall anything else here.  When the uninstall is complete, shut the notebook down, unplug the AC Adapter, re-insert the battery and then start the notebook on just the battery.  Windows will automatically reinstall the driver - leave Windows running for a few minutes and see if the charge level decreases as it should.

Regards,

DP-K

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 18 (59,268 Views)

Hi,

First of all, shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter, remove the battery, and then hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.

Now, plug in the AC Adapter without the battery inserted, start the notebook, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand the entry for Batteries, right click on and the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall - do not uninstall anything else here.  When the uninstall is complete, shut the notebook down, unplug the AC Adapter, re-insert the battery and then start the notebook on just the battery.  Windows will automatically reinstall the driver - leave Windows running for a few minutes and see if the charge level decreases as it should.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Honor Student
Message 3 of 18 (59,243 Views)

Thanks for your help.  Worked like a charm. 

Highlighted
Provost
Message 4 of 18 (59,229 Views)

Hi,

You're welcome and glad it helped Smiley Happy

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Student
Message 5 of 18 (58,058 Views)

Hi
I'm using hp pavilion , my batter is not charging but show 100% when plugged to Ac.when unplugged it turned off...
Plz help me
Student
Message 6 of 18 (53,879 Views)

I tried this and it did not work. 

HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 18 (53,808 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi cnoelleee23. What is the model number of your notebook? What version of windows is installed?

<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 8 of 18 (53,756 Views)

i've the same problem and this solution didn't work for me 
My laptop is envy-dv6-7304se 
so please can you help me ?!

HP Support Agent
Message 9 of 18 (53,750 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Miraremon. If the fix above did not work, try this document to test and calibrate your Battery.

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8):
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325217

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 10 of 18 (53,744 Views)

The solution didn't work for me 
and the calibration test result is Passed !! 
despite My battery still gives me 100% charged 
and the problem was not solved 
What should i do now 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation