Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi..

The battery of my computer is not getting charged. It shows that the charger is plugged in but the charge is 0%. I tried restarting the computer but it didn't work. 

Please suggest a possible solution.

Thanks 

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Is it a problem with your battery or the battery gauge.

The battery gauges have been known to not register correctly.

Can you run your laptop on battery alone?

HP Recommended

The computer shuts down when I remove the charger lead. Can it be problem related to Windows Vista ? The battery icon on the right side of the screen shows Battery 0% charged and the Power is plugged in and the battery is not charging. 

HP Recommended

Please open PC health and security and check if the batter is ok...

You might have a dead battery....

HP Recommended

Yeah the PC health and security shows the battery in good condition. 

HP Recommended

Yeah The PC health check shows that the battery is in a good condition. But still the Icon on the right side of the screen shows that its plugged in and not charging and the charge is Zero. The computer is working well but it turns off when I disconnect the charger lead. I think it has stopped charging the battery. I tried changing the charger but it didn't work. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

Replaced the battery - no change.

Charge light starts blinking after 10 minutes.

I checked the charger and it puts out 19+ volts.

But I only see 12.5 volts at the battery.

I bought the laptop with a Blue screen - critical error preventig boot up.

I found it to be caused by SQLwriter set on AUTO.

This also caused no CD found in safe mode.

I'm worried that it's a software problem limiting the voltage to the battery.

Any suggestion?

HP Recommended

Here is a solution that has worked in the past, so it's worth trying. 

1. Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, and remove the battery.

2. Hold the power button for thirty seconds.

3. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections. 

4. Boot the notebook up and see if the battery will charge now. 

Let me know if that solution works for you or not. Best of luck!

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I have the same issue it shows plugged in not charging 0% .

i checked with a different adaptor same message 

but i know my battery is bad.

but now i am facing new issue even on adaptor it turns off sometime .the message changes from  plugged in not charging 0% . to charge 0% even when no changes are made .

please suggest what to do/

laptop model :c770tu

HP Recommended

This issue does boil down to being really 1 of 3 things though. 
1) BIOS issue  --  probably just outdated BIOS
2) Windows Power Interface corruption
3) A failing battery

The latest BIOS is version F.35. You could try downloading and installing it. You could also try reinstalling the ACPI software. If all else fails, run the battery test to see if the battery is truly failing. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.