Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Problem:
Battery no longer accepts a charge.  "0% available plugged in, charging".

Computer is 4 months out of warrantee; 3rd party repair/replace plan I bought doesn't have any tech support.

Steps I've taken to solve:

1. I don't know how to access the battery in the machine, so I have not taken it out, but I have uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI-compliant Control Method Battery driver, taken out the power cord after shut down, and held the power button for 1 minute then rebooted.

2. I installed the HP Support Assistant, then checked the status of the battery: "OK"

3. I flashed the BIOS.  After rebooting, the empty battery icon in my task bar was briefly animated, but soon the animation stopped.  Toolbar tip displayed "0% available plugged in, not charging" before I flashed the BIOS, and "0% available plugged in, charging" after.

Ideas on how I can use this untethered again?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MCM_Dave

Welcome to HP Support Community

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue.

You can try with a different AC Adapter and check if it works

If the issue persists, please contact HP support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.