Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-02-2022 08:32 PM
I have an HP Envy 17" laptop bought in 2016. The battery life had deteriorated to less than an hour so I ordered another battery from Amazon for $30. On the new battery now for about 3 months. The battery life is worse, lasts less than 30 minutes. Worse, when it has been plugged in all day the battery says 57%.
I ran the HP diagnostic on the battery. It said no battery detected.
i am loathe to order another battery without knowing of it is the machine's fault or not.
Thanks in advance
09-02-2022 08:34 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
Please < calibrate > your battery ... like this
(1) Open windows <device manager> and uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"
- Right click on "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"
- Click "Uninstall device"
- Confirm your choice if you see a popup notification
(2) Shutdown notebook
(3) Disconnect charger
(4) Press and hold <power> button for 30 seconds
(5) Connect charger and wait until battery is fully charged ( check LED indicator )
(6) Start notebook and log in to windows and wait a few minutes
(7) Shutdown notebook
(8) Test your <battery> Using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)
See how it works:
(9) Please report your results
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community