Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
vballsmithc Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery not charging on HP Pavilion

HP PAVILION x360 2 in 1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Just purchased HP - Pavilion x360 2-in-1 in December.  When I plug the charger in the battery does not charge.   Should I replace the  battery or charger or both?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @vballsmithc ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.  I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 360 Notebook and issues with the battery and charging. Here is a link to test and calibrate the battery.

Plug the power adapter directly into a functioning wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Here is a link to troubleshoot the AC power adapter.

Please let me know the outcome of these test.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
jessica2015 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this link does not advise what to do if the battery will not charge and is at 0%, therefore will shut off if unplugged. I purchased this computer just over one year ago.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @jessica2015,

I wanted to share something that I tried that fixed mine. Remove the battery and open device manager from the device and locate Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery. Right click and select uninstall. Reboot the device and wait a few moments, then install the battery back onto the device. Windows will automatically load the drivers. Then check it. Mine holds a charge great. Smiley Happy

Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Darren_Ryker Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my Pavilion (model number 13-a013cl).  However, removing the battery is not an option, as the bottom cover really isn't made to come off, and I would likely damage the inner workings of the computer trying to get to it.

Are there any solutions that DON'T involve dismantling my computer?  My battery perpetually says "4%", shutting down the instant I remove the adaptor.  I need this computer for school, but it's highly inconvenient that the computer has to be plugged in everywhere I go, as most places I am at during the school day are not places where I have an outlet readily available or in a convenient location.

0 Kudos
katmant Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavillion x360 running windows 10 and the battery will not charge even when the unit is shut down, will the battery check and calibration process for windows 8 work with version 10?

0 Kudos
ongky74 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I  have the same issue. I bought HP Pavilion 11 N028TU X360 on Sept, 2015. On Jan, 2017 suddenly I can turn on my notebook. When I connect the adaptor to the notebook the operating system (Windows 8.1) tell that battery not charging.

Then I search on the Internet and found this forum that tell to test the battery via BIOS.

I did that and found that the Battery has failed.

I brought the notebook to authorize hp service centre and technician over there tell me that the battery has been broken.

This is not my first notebook but this is my first problem regarding to the battery on my notebook.

Usually the battery drop it capacity during usage but this notebook give my suddent death battery.

What make me shock is the price of battery replacement. They tell me that the price is worth 2.270.000 IDR or around 170 USD. I bought the notebook for only 4.250.000 IDR or 318 USD. 

So the battery cost almost 50% from the notebook it self? Imagine that.

And I got information from the technician that there are lots trouble report from the battery for  HP Pavilion 11 N028TU X360. Well if this cause by factory defect then it should be recalled to get battery replacement for free.

This is my first HP product for notebook and it has very disappointed me for the quality of the product.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 921 1398
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @ongky74

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ongky74 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Dvortex,

Thanks you for your fast repond. Your team has sent me a private message.

Best regards,

Ongky74

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation